Thursday, November 5, 2009

Professional Development Plan

I visited www.K12conection.org today. On this page there were many different topics that we could choose from like: early childhood education, K12 education, educational activities, elementary education, toddler learning, virtual schools, and many more. I chose virtual schools and from there I clicked award winning virtual school. From there I went here http://www.thejubileeacademy.org/who/principal1.php. This site is about a home school program that parents can use to home school their children at home. The program is called The Jubilee Academy. I read on the principle of this virtual school. Her name is Karlie Margaret Houser who believes that learning comes through touching, hearing, and seeing. Not just in the classrooms, but rather really life experiences. She came up with a curriculum herself that later was used by her neighbor Fred Rogers. The program shows on PBS it is called "Mr.Rogers Neighborhood". I remember I used to see this show when I was a little girl. This is all so interesting, to find out about home schooling and that this particular academy is has a relationship with "Mr. Rogers".


How many children are home schooled?

Do they like being home schooled?

What is the difference of being home schooled and going to a public school?

Is "Mr.Rogers" still on PBS?


No comments:

Post a Comment