Friday, November 27, 2009

Professional Developement

Today I visited www.Starfall.com. I went into the educators tab. This site has so much good information for the parents and teachers. This site is desinged to help children learn how to read. It has many good reviews by both the teachers and parents. The site helps the children with motivation, phonimec awarness, systemetic awarness, vocabulary, fluency, and comprehenshion. It has so many different things that the children can do to learn. The children like to do this because the website made it so fun, like a game. So the children don't even think that it is learning, but fun.
My daughter came home from kindergarten one day and she wanted to play a game on the computer. She told me it was a game she played in her classroom, I thought that we would not be able to play the game thinking that it was a program only for school. Thankful I did try it and yes it worked, my daughter loved it.



Learn how to inform the parents on making use of sites like this one...
Learn how to make use of sites like this for my classroom...
Find more sites like this one, that benifit the children...

No comments:

Post a Comment